Legal copywriter services | Expert marketing content
Our team of qualified and experienced solicitors, barristers, and legal journalists provide a range of legal copywriter services (or ghost-writing) to ensure that lawyers have expert content for their legal marketing activities.
Why work with us?
Berners Marketing works exclusively with the legal profession, and we have built a reputation for producing the highest quality content since we were founded in 2004.
We have an exceptional panel of specialist legal authors comprising lawyers and barristers who provide the content for our articles, legal editors, proofreaders and marketing professionals who ensure that it is communicated in the most effective way to build your brand.
Quality control is at the heart of everything we do. We appreciate that the success of a case can turn on a comma, and so we pay the utmost attention to detail in checking and proofing all the content which we produce to ensure that it is error free.
All legal content – whether for a website, newsletter or social media – is written to a common style, and edited to plain English, in line with our bespoke editorial style guide developed specifically for the legal profession.
What legal services do we write content for?
Of course, we cover all the core areas of law provided by high street law firms, and one of the most cost-effective ways of acquiring content for your website may be via our Legal Content Library.
We also cover specialist and niche areas of law and are skilled in helping lawyers to convey complex issues in plain English. Examples of some of the niche legal practices which we have written for include:
- financial services regulation;
- bank fraud;
- share schemes and employee incentives;
- AI and intellectual property; and
- counterfeiting in the automotive sector.
We are also experienced in writing about highly sensitive areas of law where there is a public interest in the legal issue while client confidentiality is extremely important. A delicate balance has to be achieved, and examples of issues which we have written about include:
- bank fraud;
- cases involving children or refugees; and
- product liability.
What types of legal content writing can you produce?
Whether you need a short blog for your website, or a feature article for an external publication, we can help with:
- Books and book chapters – being asked to contribute to a book can be a huge honour, but also a huge burden. However, a ghostwriter can really help to lighten the load.
- Speeches and presentations – can be brought to life by a fresh pair of eyes, and someone who can contribute creativity and presentational techniques.
- Tenders and credentials – will benefit from a focus on how effectively the content shines a light on your expertise and your unique selling point.
- White papers and thought leadership – often lawyers have important ideas, but it takes time to carry out research and distil these into media-friendly output.
- Editorial features – if a newspaper, magazine or journal is looking for an expert comment or opinion, it needs to be well written and delivered on time and to their brief.
- Website content – the pages which describe your services, your experience and your lawyer profiles are vitally important content which needs an understanding of SEO to be effective.
- Blogs and news – a strategic approach to producing fresh, relevant content regularly is essential if you wish to generate online enquiries.
- E-news and newsletters – keep your clients and contacts up to date with key legal developments and remind them how you can help.
The first step is to get in touch with us and explain what you need and how soon you need it.
How much do your legal copywriter services cost?
Good question. Of course, this will depend on the type of content, the length and how quickly you need it.
Solicitors often come to us after having used other (cheaper) content providers, frustrated with incorrect law, poor English, and typos.
Our philosophy is to be the best – because any content which you put out in your name needs to be of the highest quality – and so we are not the cheapest option.
You might wonder why a thousand words from us is more costly than a thousand words from a competitor, so this article aims to provide an explanation:
Does your legal content work for search engine optimisation?
We have had excellent feedback from law firms about the usefulness of our legal content in their quest to rise up the internet search rankings.
A number of the law firms which we work with also have a dedicated SEO agency who researches keywords, monitors performance and helps with SEO strategy.
In these cases, they will often provide the law firm with a shopping list of titles for which they need articles, and we are delighted to work together to ensure that they receive the legal content which is required.
Do you have testimonials from other law firms?
For a no obligation informal discussion
If you have any questions about any aspect of marketing for your law firm or our legal copywriter services, please get in touch via the link below.
We are always happy to have an informal discussion with no obligation.