Topical legal content articles for marketing wills & probate law
With a rapidly aging population, there are lots of opportunities for private client lawyers to grow their practice – but there is also a lot of competition, so you need to stay one step ahead.
A monthly subscription to the wills & probate law articles from the Berners legal content library will ensure that you have all the marketing content that your law firm needs to keep your website up to date, populate client newsletters and provide topical material for social media.
We get fantastic feedback from our clients about the quality of our legal content, so why not take a look and request a free sample.
Forthcoming legal topics
Examples of the wills and probate topics issued to our subscribers over the last six months include:
Dealing with estate debts when acting as an executor
considerations for the impact of debts on beneficiaries;
dealing with debts for a solvent estate;
the process for paying debts for an insolvent estate; and
concerns about any suspicious debts and making a claim.
Deputyship – when a power of attorney is no longer an option
when you can apply to become a deputy;
key steps in applying to the Court of Protection;
advantages and disadvantages of being a deputy; and
benefits of using a solicitor throughout the application process.
How to plan philanthropic giving through your will
options for giving to a charity in your will;
appointing trustees of the charitable trust fund;
the tax benefits, such as reducing your inheritance tax bill; and
avoiding a dispute by discussing intentions with family;
Probate – lost or unexpected beneficiaries?
- a representative's legal duties and responsibilities;
- protecting yourself against lost beneficiaries;
- protecting yourself against unexpected beneficiaries; and
- benefits of instructing a solicitor to handle the administration of the estate.
When to consider appointing a professional attorney
- reasons why people choose to appoint a professional;
- the two types of lasting power of attorney;
- potential consequences of not making an LPA; and
- the key benefits of appointing a solicitor to act as your attorney.
Ensuring your home passes according to your wishes
- why it is important to clearly state your wishes in your will;
- property ownership and options for gifting your property;
- payment of outstanding mortgages and taxes;
- considerations when leaving your property to charity.