Topical legal content articles for marketing commercial property law
Whether the property market is going up or going down, developers, investors, landlord and tenants need good advice on their commercial property interests, and it is important to keep your clients up to date with changes in the law.
A monthly subscription to the commercial property law articles from the Berners legal content library will ensure that you have all the marketing content that your law firm needs to keep your website up to date, populate client newsletters and provide topical material for social media.
We get fantastic feedback from our clients about the quality of our legal content, so why not take a look and request a free sample and price list.
Previous legal topics
Examples of the commercial property law topics issued to our subscribers over the last six months include:
Extending into outdoor space – issues for landlords and tenants
- the importance of tenants obtaining permission to extend outside;
- granting short-term licences for temporary use of outdoor space;
- making long-term variations to the lease; and
- ensuring businesses comply with the law and social distancing measures.
Restructuring your commercial property portfolio
- making the best of acquisition opportunities and due diligence;
- selling properties which are not performing well;
- managing risk and return on investment; and
- when you need legal advice on investment strategies.
Emerging from lockdown and changes to commercial property
- importance of owners and occupiers working together;
- key updates to the Government guidance;
- responsibilities under the health and safety regime; and
- the impact on service charges.
Commercial property landlords – options during COVID-19 crisis
- hings to consider when a tenant requests rent concessions;
- recording any lease variations;
- enforcing tenants’ payment obligations; and
- assistance for commercial landlords.
Coronavirus commercial property legal FAQs
- what is force majeure, and will it apply?
- can a tenant stop paying rent?
- closing premises and whether tenants will be liable; and
- health and safety obligations of multi-let properties.
Electronic signatures and commercial property documents?
- the legal formalities for property documents;
- difficulties of using electronic signatures with HM Land Registry;
- legal binding terms for sale; and
- granting or taking a lease as a deed.