Topical legal content articles for marketing commercial property law
Whether the property market is going up or going down, developers, investors, landlord and tenants need good advice on their commercial property interests, and it is important to keep your clients up to date with changes in the law.
A monthly subscription to the commercial property law articles from the Berners legal content library will ensure that you have all the marketing content that your law firm needs to keep your website up to date, populate client newsletters and provide topical material for social media.
We get fantastic feedback from our clients about the quality of our legal content, so why not take a look and request a free sample.
Previous legal topics
Examples of the commercial property law topics issued to our subscribers over the last six months include:
Can I change the use of my business premises?
- making the best use of commercial real estate;
- new flexibility and changes to planning law;
- contractual limits in leases and mortgages; and
- using a solicitor to negotiate a change of use.
Exiting your commercial lease – what are your options?
- exercising a break clause with attached conditions;
- negotiating the surrender of a commercial lease;
- finding a new tenant through assignment or underletting; and
- the importance of engaging a solicitor to help avoid pitfalls.
Landlords options for enforcing commercial tenants’ obligations
- recover rent arrears as business debt;
- drawing on rent deposits to cover unpaid rent;
- making a claim under lease guarantees, such as an AGA; and
- compromise agreements and preserving right to forfeit.
Is it time to open a pop-up shop?
- key considerations for a startup;
- negotiating a deal that works for your business;
- complying with conditions of use and health & safety requirements; and
- shutting up shop and ensuring legal documents are in order.
Acquiring title by adverse possession
- what is ‘adverse possession’?
- when does a business have rights of adverse possession;
- applying to be the registered owner of the land; and
- how to proceed in the event of a dispute with the landowner.
Alternative rent structures in commercial leases
- securing a reliable and predictable rental income;
- alternative options to the traditional rent structure;
- considerations for monthly, turnover and index-linked rent; and
- identifying which rent structure works for you.