Topical legal content articles for marketing commercial property law
Whether the property market is going up or going down, developers, investors, landlord and tenants need good advice on their commercial property interests, and it is important to keep your clients up to date with changes in the law.
A monthly subscription to the commercial property law articles from the Berners legal content library will ensure that you have all the marketing content that your law firm needs to keep your website up to date, populate client newsletters and provide topical material for social media.
We get fantastic feedback from our clients about the quality of our legal content, so why not take a look and request a free sample.
Previous legal topics
Examples of the commercial property law topics issued to our subscribers over the last six months include:
Selling spare land on a commercial site
- should you develop yourself or sell open land?
- agreeing easement rights over neighbouring land;
- sharing maintanence costs for access and facilities; and
- placing restrictions on the land to protect your future interests.
Agreements with highways authorities
- why get a road adopted by a highways authority?
- section 38 agrweements - the most common route;
- section 37 and other points to consider about adoption of a highway; and
- an overview of section 278 agreements.
Tips for buying your first commercial property
- considering your investment strategy;
- key traps to watch out for in a property;
- securing your income stream from tenants; and
- the value of good legal advice before committing.
Key lease negotiation points for landlords
flexibility in rent and rent reviews;
control over assignment and underlettings ;
obligations to repair and maintain the property ; and
- improving energy performance.
Key points when negotiating a promotion agreement for your land
how a promotion agreement works;
- the pros and cons of a promotion agreement;
setting out developer’s obligations; and
common issues to watch out for during negotiations.
Developing on brownfield building land
- practicalities and getting a solicitor's advice;
- advantages of brownfield development;
- key risks associated with redeveloping an old site; and
- considerations for improving biodiversity.