Topical legal content articles for marketing commercial property law
Whether the property market is going up or going down, developers, investors, landlord and tenants need good advice on their commercial property interests, and it is important to keep your clients up to date with changes in the law.
A monthly subscription to the commercial property law articles from the Berners legal content library will ensure that you have all the marketing content that your law firm needs to keep your website up to date, populate client newsletters and provide topical material for social media.
We get fantastic feedback from our clients about the quality of our legal content, so why not take a look and request a free sample.
Previous legal topics
Examples of the commercial property law topics issued to our subscribers over the last six months include:
Reform Bill: What does it mean for landlords?
- new rights introduced for private tenants;
- key measures to be implemented by the end of 2022;
- implications of the new rules for landlords; and
- why you need legal advice from a property lawyer.
Building Safety Act 2022 – impact on developers, contractors and landlords
the key aims and long-term impact of the Act;
design and construction of builds and residential conversions;
the focus on safety in occupied buildings; and
rules on dealing with pre-existing defective cladding.
Letting your tenant go: consenting to assignment and underletting
- the landlord’s duty to be reasonable;
- examples of reasonable grounds for refusal;
- how long is too long for making a decision; and
- legal penalties for landlords who are found to be unreasonable.
Redeveloping commercial property around your tenant
making plans to improve or extend a building;
landlord's right to carry out redevelopment work;
your tenant's right to quiet enjoyment; and
- negotiating with tenants to redevelop the property.
Commercial property, green space, and The Queen’s Green Canopy
- key aspects of the Environment Act 2021;
biodiversity net gain requriement on new developments;
tree planting and planning requirements; and
the benefit and impact of conservation covenants.
Restrictive covenants and development sites
- what are restrictive covenants?
- examples of typical restrictive covenants on buildings or land;
- what are the penalties for breaching a restrictive covenant? and
- three options for dealing with a restrictive covenant.