Topical legal content articles for marketing company & commercial law
Attracting new business clients is essential for any ambitious law firm, but when you are busy buying or selling companies or negotiating trading agreements, it can be hard to find the time to write marketing articles.
A monthly subscription to the corporate and commercial law articles from the Berners legal content library will ensure that you have all the marketing content that your law firm needs to keep your website up to date, populate client newsletters and provide topical material for social media.
We get fantastic feedback from our clients about the quality of our legal content, so why not take a look and request a free sample and price list.
Previous legal topics
Examples of the corporate and commercial law topics issued to our subscribers over the last six months include:
Acquisition opportunities among distressed businesses
- understanding the nature of the distress and evaluating ROI;
- deciding whether to purchase assets or take a share in the equity;
- acquisition opportunities pre-insolvency; and
- opportunities for acquisition post-insolvency.
Data protection reminder in the age of track and trace
- a reminder of GDPR regulations for businesses;
- how to approach data collection for contract tracing;
- key privacy issues to consider to ensure compliance;
- ensuring suitable measures and procedures are put in place.
Reasons to update your shareholder agreement
- coronavirus and changing circumstances to reflect in your agreement;
- updating negotiated terms and conditions;
- strategies and options your business should consider;
- how a solicitor can help with reviewing and updating the contents.
Covid-19 and making changes to payment processing
- key considerations for contactless payments;
- reviewing contracts with your payment processor;
- implications for customer's data and privacy; and
- checking for price changes and potential savings.
Coronavirus: e-commerce and amending delivery and refund policies
- potential changes to delivery policies;
- implications for refund and returns policy;
- handling returned goods for resale; and
- updating disclaimers related to order fulfillment.
Are your contracts fit for purpose in the post-coronavirus world?
- the changing business environment, and the new normal;
- reviewing recently agreed arrangements and contracts;
- reviewing temporary concessions on longstanding agreements; and
- futureproofing all contracts with a pandemic clause.