Freelance legal authors
Freelance writing opportunity for an experienced lawyer who can write in plain English in a client-friendly manner.
Initially approximately three hours per month, with potential for more.
This is a freelance role and initially requires a minimum commitment of about three hours in a month. Occasionally there will be opportunities for additional work - for example, in the event of a Supreme Court judgment.
- writing articles on evergreen and current legal issues in your designated practice area;
- helping us to identify, and forward plan coverage for key legal developments; and
- producing social media posts (for which coaching can be provided).
Articles and client guides must be written in plain English for private clients and SMEs. We are looking for a pragmatic and commercial writing style, engaging and free of legalese.
To be considered for appointment to our panel, you must be a qualified solicitor or barrister with a minimum of three years PQE. You may be a practising lawyer or PSL or have recent experience of practice.
You will need to be able to:
- explain legal concepts in an easy to understand way;
- write in plain English;
- have excellent attention to detail;
- contribute ideas and suggestions;
- adhere to our house style; and
- have the capacity to work to strict deadlines.
To apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- your current CV;
- two articles you have recently written in your chosen practice area; and
- a synopsis for two topical articles that you would propose writing on our behalf.