Law firm marketing consultancy
The principle behind outsourcing any aspect of your business is that it is not always practical or cost-effective for an organisation to do everything itself. By outsourcing non-core activities, such as support services, partners and senior management can focus on the business of law more effectively and profitably. Marketing support for legal services is an ideal solution for many law firms.
When talking to managing partners about outsourced marketing, they are often surprised to find that this is an option for law firms of any size - from start-ups and scale-ups to international groups needing support in a specific location.
Law firms have been successfully outsourcing their marketing support to Berners Marketing since 2004. For some of our clients, Berners Marketing is the marketing department. We typically report directly to the managing partner or a marketing committee and operate as an extension of the support team, working closely with the practice management. The key benefit is that marketing happens regardless of how busy the legal team is.
For international firms, it can be helpful to have someone in the UK to help with expansion plans or the launch of a new office – we are very happy to work with your inhouse marketing team, wherever they are based.
Advantages of outsourced marketing for law firms
There are numerous advantages for any law firm that does not have its own marketing department;
- Frees fee-earners to focus on face-to-face business development;
- Practice manager can focus on finance, IT and HR;
- Scale up (or down) with no employment commitment;
- You control the budget;
- Save on property costs; and
- Save on recruitment costs.
- Access to best practice techniques and templates;
- Efficient systematic approach;
- No re-inventing the wheel;
- Latest opportunities evaluated for you; and
- Specialist online resources.
- Access to an experienced team;
- Support across the full marketing skillset;
- Stability, as turnover of junior marketing staff is often high;
- Flexibility to change focus of marketing activities;
- Training included; and
- Benefit from skills transfer.
- Your digital marketing is always up to date;
- Leading marketing software included in service;
- Tried and tested marketing technology provided;
- No time-consuming procurement exercises; and
- Benefit of IDAHO® for quality control, approval tracking and workflow management.
Could your firm benefit? Click here for a copy of our brochure outlining how several firms have benefited from outsourcing their marketing to our team.
Law firm marketing audit (DIY)
If you are wondering whether your firm might benefit from outsourcing some, or all, of your marketing activities, then a useful first step is to evaluate what you currently do well and where you might need some help.