Legal articles for marketing your residential property services – Autumn 2017
28th September, 2017
Our latest crop of legal articles to help solicitors promote their residential property conveyancing services
Our latest crop of articles to help solicitors to market their residential property conveyancing services include the following titles and information:
Japanese knotweed: getting to the root of the problem
- what it is and why it is problematic, i.e. difficult to get rid of, disliked by mortgage companies and could leave you liable to pay compensation to neighbouring landowners if it causes damage;
- how to spot it;
- treatment options; and
- why legal advice is important and how local knowledge of an area (together with knowledge of individual lenders’ attitudes to the problem) can help.
Property fraud: how to protect yourself
- statistics which show it is a growing problem;
- properties most at risk, eg properties left unoccupied for periods of time, those that aren't mortgaged etc;
- steps you can take to mitigate the risk, eg, registering title, signing-up to land registry alert schemes, keeping your details up-to-date; and
- what to do if you suspect fraud and how your solicitor can help.
Sellers beware: flood risk can cost your dearly
- problems that buying in a flood-risk area may pose, including inability to secure a mortgage or affordable insurance;
- searches available to identify risk;
- availability of the government-backed Flood RE insurance scheme; and
- how your solicitor can help in the assessment of risk process.
Contact us for more information about our content library service for law firms and for details of the other practice areas we cover.
We also provide high quality content for law firms who need help with:
- lawyer profiles;
- success stories and case studies; and
- ghost-writing and editing services.