Berners Marketing was set up in 2004 by Sue Bramall, who was formerly Head of Business development at Pinsents and had previously spent a number of years in senior marketing positions with chartered accountants and management consultants. Sue identified a need for marketing and business development support specifically for the legal profession.
Leading law firms invest in sizeable marketing teams with specialists in business development, communications, PR, CRM databases, web and online marketing content, events, social media, pitching and client care.
Berners Marketing offers the same comprehensive portfolio of marketing support to ambitious independent law firms either on a consultancy project basis or outsourced retainer arrangement.
A unique team
The team at Berners Marketing is unique, comprising lawyers and barristers who provide the content for our articles, editors and marketing professionals who ensure that it is communicated in the most effective way.
Articles are written to a common style, and edited to plain English, in line with our bespoke style guide developed specifically for the legal profession.
We work with forward thinking and ambitious law firms, which include:
- national (top 100, and top 200) and full service practices;
- regional 'high street' practices;
- niche law firms;
- the UK office of a major US litigation practice;
- a global IP practice;
- international immigration firm;
- an international wealth management specialist;
- a multi-disciplinary share scheme practice;
- a leading barristers set; and
- ambitious start ups.
We work with a number of overseas firms in the US, Europe and Asia in particular ensuring their content is suitable for an international audience.
We also assist UK-based law firms in their outbound international marketing through a network of overseas consultants with specific legal or professional services credentials.
Berners Marketing is a member of:
- The Law Society, Law Management and International Sections;
- Chartered Institute of Marketing; and
- American Bar Association (Associate).
Sue Bramall is also a member of the Law Consultancy Network.